Datwyler’s centenary

A short digression on an eventful history

In 1915 Adolf Dätwyler, an Aargau farmer’s son, was probably the only person who still believed in the potential of debt-ridden Schweizerische Draht- und Gummiwerke in Altdorf in the Swiss mountain canton of Uri. In a pioneering spirit he courageously took over the management of the ailing company and 
restructured it.

In June 1917 the young director bought the firm with the help of a group of investors. By 1920 the Dätwyler family were majority shareholders, and from 1946 onwards the company also bore its owners’ name: from then on it was known as Dätwyler AG.

    

read more >>